The Fairview Baptist Mission, a mission of First Baptist Church of Bonham, became Trinity Baptist Church with a dedication service on May 8th, 1955.
The property was purchased as its current location at the corner of Denison and Franklin Streets for $700.00. The first building was an old barracks of the Jaque Power Saw Company. In 1954, a larger building was moved from Jones Field to add additional space. The charter membership numbered eighty-nine and the annual budget was eighteen thousand dollars.
The church building has been expanded twice, adding a new sanctuary in March 1977 and classrooms and a fellowship hall in November 1992.
The first Pastor, Bro. M.H. Koonce, led the church from May to November 1955. Other Pastors that have served Trinity are: Harrison Johns, Alvin Robinsion, J.P. Skinner, Thomas Beall, Joe Eubanks, Don Christian, Bob Posey, Stephen Patterson, Roy Oats, Rick Shulze and currently Henry Shelton.
Trinity Baptist Church exists to CONNECT people to Jesus Christ and to His people, to see them GROW in maturity through worship, Bible Study and prayer, to help them learn how to SERVE through use of their gifts, time and talents, and to encourage them to GO and share the Gospel with others.